Re: [STUMP] Fullscreen apps not working

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Fullscreen apps not working
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 16:28:42 -0800

On Feb 6, 2008 12:00 PM, cothrige <address@hidden> wrote:

> These games are almost certainly using SDL, and SDL's
> 'fullscreen' mode bypasses the WM entirely.

Yes, it would appear that they do mostly seem to be SDL, and these are
the ones that are superimposing the black square over the screen.  One
gl app, lincity-ng, also fails to fullscreen, though sometimes without
the overlapping window and instead with a chopped up appearance.

If  the SDL fullscreen mode  bypasses the WM entirely, why is it all buggy? I suspect the WM is involved and it's bugging out somewhere.

-Shawn