Re: [STUMP] after: error when launching stumpwm

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [STUMP] after: error when launching stumpwm
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 17:11:30 -0800

On Jan 23, 2008 1:56 AM, fred voisin <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

So, good news : i'm actually writting from stumpwm (using sbcl) !
Finally, despite the persistant error in .stumpwmrc about the value of
SCREEN (my yesterday's post), stumpwm seems ok, key bindings work,
overall behavior seems ok, even if I'm a little bit desappointed:

Curiously, when my screen is split, (xterm and emacs on the left side,
thunderbird on the right side), I can not move focus from xterm -or
emacs- window to thunderbird window *with the mouse*, the mouse can only
move focus from xterm -or emacs- to thunderbird, is that "normal"?
(I can not also move focus with the mouse from emacs to xterm window nor
from xterm to emacs... i may use only key bindings for that).

This is a very annoying "feature" of firefox.  By default stumpwm honours any  focus requests made by clients. To deny focus requests for all windows:

(setf *deny-raise-requests* t)

should fix it. Combine that with what Tassilo mentioned and you will get consistent sloppy or click-to-focus for all windows.

-Shawn