[STUMP] Nethack-esque messages, a la gnu screen

From: Amy Templeton
Subject: [STUMP] Nethack-esque messages, a la gnu screen
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 02:21:25 -0400

Hi all,

So it's late here and I've a touch of insomnia, so I played around
a bit and set up some nethack-esque messages like you can get in
GNU Screen ("You cannot escape from window 1," "Suddenly you can't
see your bell," etc.). This has no useful purpose whatsoever, but I
think it's cute and funny.

Anyway, I've attached the patch to enable this feature. However,
you're not going to notice any difference unless you set the
variable *nethack* to t.

Also note that if you didn't apply that patch for completions that
was in the mailing list the other day, patching stumpwm.lisp
doesn't seem to work. If this is your situation, you'll have to
edit the file yourself or else just set the startup message to
something nethack-y (for examples of either the nethack-esque
startup message or how to edit the file, look at the stumpwm.lisp
section of the diff).

Anyway, have a nice evening.

Happy hacking!

Amy

P.S.:  If for some bizarre reason this eventually gets incorporated
       into the main CVS, I think it would be pretty cool. However,
       it's not particularly useful, so it's not exactly what one
       would call "not a waste of time."

--
Don't look now, but there is a multi-legged creature on your
shoulder.