[STUMP] Re: conkeror

From: Nikolai Weibull
Subject: [STUMP] Re: conkeror
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 19:57:47 +0200

Your sent date is weird...

* Shawn Betts <address@hidden> [Oct 28, 2004 18:50]:
> For the past month or so I've been busy building a keyboard driven,
> emacs immitating, mozilla based web browser. It's still pre-alpha, not
> feature complete, and buggy here and there (If you find a bug, send
> mail to the conkeror mailing list). But I've been using it almost
> exclusively for the past couple of days so I figured it was time to
> announce it publicly.

Anyway, seems nice.  I've written some simple hacks for making firefox
behave like Vi(m), but this looks nice as well.

How do you input URLs btw?  I see no bar in the screenshot. My current
setup is

[URL bar]
[Tab bar]
+-------+
|       |
|browser|
|       |
+-------+
[Status ]

And when I want to search I type '/' and a search bar pops up above the
status bar which even has a highlight-all switch.  This is new in the
firefox pre-release.

I alo browse with a caret, which works nicely for moving around.

So, if you'll indulge me, how is conkeror's setup different?

Thanks,
        nikolai

::: page: www.pcppopper.org  :: fun atm: gf,lps,ruby,lisp,war3 :::