streamtuner-misc

Playing streams with different Player

From: Michael Podzimek
Subject: Playing streams with different Player
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 13:03:20 +0000

Hi,

I'm running Streamtuner Version 0.99.99 under Kanotix (Debian Sid) and
first of all I have to say that Streamtuner is a great app !

I want to play the shoutcast streams with a different player.
As normal xmms starts. I changed the command to i.e. bmpx %q or
rhythmbox %q. The stream starts as normal. But when I click on
an other stream, xmms would play the new stream without starting
a new xmms session. But the other players starts a new session, so
I have i.e. bmpx open for three times, playing three different streams.

Does anybody know how to solve this problem ???

I'm only running xmms because of Streamtuner, but would prefer to
uninstall, because there is no need of so many different players.

Kind regards

Michael