Re: Symbols reading configuration

From: Gilles Casse
Subject: Re: Symbols reading configuration
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2023 19:34:53 +0200

Hello,

Could speech-dispatcher translate a read character using symbol.dic
(like a pressed character) ?

Observed from a built using the last commit (6821829):
when the space bar is pressed, the space character is translated by
speech-dispatcher through symbols.dic; in French, "espace" is said.
When the space character is read (e.g. using left or right arrow key),
the space character is not translated but supplied to the synthesizer.
Here the synthesizer (voxin + IBM TTS) ignores the space character.

Best wishes,
Gilles