speechd-el cleanup, beware

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: speechd-el cleanup, beware
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 20:25:36 +0200

Hi,

I’ve finished quite a big speechd-el code cleanup and pushed it to git
master.  I tried to be careful and the basic functionality seems to
work, but I don’t use speechd-el myself so I haven’t done extensive
testing.  If you use speechd-el from git or Melpa, be ready to revert to
the previous version in case of problems.  If you hit any, please report
them here or to me.

Once it settles down or if there are no complaints, I’m going to release
speechd-el 2.11.

For those interested, the main changes include getting rid of the
deprecated ‘cl’ package, switching to the newer function advising
mechanism and switching to lexical bindings.  A major achievement is
that speechd-el compiles without any warnings now, which may be for the
first time in speechd-el history. ;-)

Regards,
Milan