Re: flite configuration

From: Samuel Thibault
Subject: Re: flite configuration
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 23:13:55 +0100

Didier Spaier, le mer. 25 nov. 2020 23:07:21 +0100, a ecrit:
> If I remember well the limitation of the generic module that you
> mentioned was rather about the volume setting than the pitch but
> I could be wrong

Volume is one of the issues, but in general all parameters pose problem
since each speech synthesis has its way of scaling them. Programmatic
modules such as the flite module easily include conversion functions,
the generic module cannot be easily made to do such conversions. That's
why we really rather write C-based modules, where we can do anything we
want.

Samuel