Re: Is there an off-by-1 bug in notification callbacks?

From: Nolan Darilek
Subject: Re: Is there an off-by-1 bug in notification callbacks?
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 12:45:14 -0500

On 8/19/20 11:34 AM, Samuel Thibault wrote:

I can't find any function in the API doing this, but it'd be simple to
add: just send HISTORY GET CLIENT_ID to the server.

OK, thanks. What do I send, specifically?

"

"HISTORY GET CLIENT_ID\r\n"
"HISTORY GET CLIENT_ID\r\n.\r\n."

Or something else? I'm reading the spd_send_data docs, and they seem to imply that
"\r\n.\r\n." is a thing separate from "\r\n".

If I set WFR to 1 (I'm using the actual library values, but haven't looked up the exact name to
include in my email) my send_data implementation blocks. I've checked the SSIP docs, and while they
indicate the need for \r\n, I don't know what "\r\n." is, and "." is a hard
string to search for without knowing whether I'm looking for batch commands, multiline commands, or
some other specific concept that will clear this up. And of course it's possible that I'm not
correctly handing off strings from Rust, but I'd like to exhaust the more likely possibility that
I'm not understanding SSIP. :)

Thanks for the help.