trouble with Espeak and ALSA

From: Mike Gorse
Subject: trouble with Espeak and ALSA
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 23:33:39 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008, Hermann wrote:

> Did you upgrade Alsa utils in the last days? If so, try to downgrade
> including the libasound files. There must have been something broken in the
> packages.

Thanks for the tip.  I was having an unrelated problem and incorrectly
blamed an alsa bug that was fixed in alsa-lib 1.0.16, so I thought that
upgrading would help.  Downgrading to 1.0.15 made the problem go away,
although I am not happy with this solution.  I might try to figure out
what is going on when I have some time if someone else doesn't get to it
first.

-Mike G-