Using ALSA instead of OSS

From: mehrdad momeny
Subject: Using ALSA instead of OSS
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 19:56:04 +0330

On Se shanbe 17 Mehr 1386 19:25:54 you wrote:

>     mm> hi I wrote a program in c++ and used festival api to speech a
>     mm> word! I have problem with OSS and I need to set Festival to use
>     mm> ALSA instead of OSS I search about it but nothing found! so
>     mm> desided to tell you!
>
>     mm> How can i set festival (in C++ Code) to use ALSA? if there isn't
>     mm> any way how can i set it handi?
> Maybe will be useful if you say us what kind of program you write.
>
> Best

It's a dictionary!
I want it to pronounce the word that user searches...
but in some cases oss doesn't work
and in other cases if an application is running(e.g. Amarok) it doesn't work
and says "can not open /dev/dsp"

I see in KDE Text to Speech Manager's configuration dialog that i can change
output to ALSA!!

--
http://mtux.wordpress.com