using sound icons

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: using sound icons
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 20:01:17 +0200

    CG> That's sad, for I configured speech dispatcher to work with
    CG> espeak. It comes with additonal languages and I want to use
    CG> several of them. I want to use german in particular and I guess
    CG> there is no german language for festival, but I will search the
    CG> web for some info about this topic.

There is no native German Festival synthesis, only some Mbrola based
solutions are available.

    CG> What is the reason for the sound icons only to work with
    CG> festival?

Festival extensions provide direct support for using sounds in the
speech synthesis process and Speech Dispatcher utilizes this feature.

I can see there is something about sound icons in the Speech Dispatcher
Espeak output module sources so perhaps they are (or can be) supported
with Espeak as well.  But I don't know, Hynek and Lukas should know
better.

Regards,

Milan Zamazal