Espeak output module checked into CVS

From: Tomas Cerha
Subject: Espeak output module checked into CVS
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 13:56:46 +0200

Lukas Loehrer wrote:
> The following just occured to me: What if the user does:
>
> set_synthesis_voice("german")
> set_language("en")
>
> What is supposed to happen? In the current implementation, the
> synthesis_voice setting takes precedence. I will probably change the
> implementation in such a way that it is left to espeak what the
> resulting voice sounds like. Another option would be that a later call
> always overwrides an earlier one.

Yes, I believe that's the case.  The later call overrides the earlier
one.  It's up to the output module to select the particular voice, but
the language should definitely be honored.

SET LANGUAGE should be understood as: Select any voice of given
language.  As such this is a more general variant of SET SYNTHESIS_VOICE.

Best regards, Tomas.