spamass-milt-list

Re: Jamming up with mutex_lock

From: Joe Maimon
Subject: Re: Jamming up with mutex_lock
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 16:06:19 -0400

Andrew Daviel wrote:

Thanks for the reply; I'm in a bit over my head, usually I stick to just building packages and writing Perl scripts

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007, Joe Maimon wrote:

The other threads continue to operate.

You then probably run into a ulimit condition.

AFAIK there is no ulimit set, unless it's hidden somewhere.

There is usualy a default.

Try running this on a recent Debian instead.

Not feasible. RHEL (actually Scientific Linux) is our site standard, and while I could try something different on a non-production system it would doubtless work just fine because it wouldn't get the traffic.
I might be able to try a newer sendmail.

Perhaps you could show the patch?

http://andrew.triumf.ca/email/spamass-milter.patch.jun18

getpwnam() is probably not threadsafe.

check its man page.