spamass-milt-list

Re: Help me ...

From: Dan Nelson
Subject: Re: Help me ...
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:59:18 -0600

In the last episode (Feb 25), Jos Torrico - INCUCAI said:
> I have this error in my Debian syslog file. I use sendmail
> 8.12.3-6.6, spamassassin 3.0.2-backport version, and amavis
>
> Nov  2 18:42:56 mail sm-mta[874]: iA2Lgum3000874: Milter (spamassassin):
> error connecting to filter: Connection refused by /var/run/spamass.sock
> Nov  2 18:42:56 mail sm-mta[874]: iA2Lgum3000874: Milter (spamassassin): to
> error state

Enable coredumps (ulimit -c unlimited), run spamasss-milter again, and
see fi you can get a corefile.  Running it under valgrind might work as
well.

Also consider upgrading to a newer sendmail;  8.12.3 is pretty old and
there are many libmilter fixes in newer versions.  debian-testing has
8.13.3.

8.12.4  LIBMILTER: Mark the listening socket as close-on-exec in case
                a user's filter starts other applications.
8.12.6  LIBMILTER: Protect a free(3) operation from being called with a
                NULL pointer.  Problem noted by Andrey J. Melnikoff.
        LIBMILTER: Protect against more interrupted select() calls.
                Based on patch from Jose Marcio Martins da Cruz of
                Ecole Nationale Superieure des Mines de Paris.
8.12.11 LIBMILTER: Add extra checks in case a broken MTA sends bogus
                data to libmilter.  Based on code review by Rob
                Grzywinski.

--
        Dan Nelson
        address@hidden