spamass-milt-list

Re: Could not extract score from <>

From: Todd Lyons
Subject: Re: Could not extract score from <>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 09:45:19 -0700

Giles Coochey wanted us to know:

>Aug  1 11:04:50 gate sm-mta[5348]: i71A4cli005348: Milter add: header:
>0.70j
>I am wondering whether spammers are now attempting to exploit a problem
>with the software that causes this error to occur and allow their spam
>through. I notice that this error _only_ appears to happen when the
>message is spam - is it possible that some some malformed message causes
>this error?

I don't have an answer for you regarding your spam issue, but wanted to
mention you should also upgrade to Clamav 0.75.1 because a couple of the
newer viruses are getting past due to content violations (uneven length
uuencoded lines).

>Or is it Spamd is simply not putting a score in the headers of the mail?
>This seems strange, because if I take one of the mails and feed it to
>spamassassin on the command line then it marks it as spam. Additionally
>there are no error messages from spamd - so it seems more likely that
>the feeding of the message to spamd by the milter is failing?

That sounds possible.

>If anyone wants an example email that caused this issue, let me know - I
>will have to export it from Outlook though (merging the headers with the
>body).

Send one to cannonball at misterball dot com.  I'd like to see how my
system fares with it.  Send a seperate email to the email address of
this message letting me know you sent it to the other one.  Thanks.
--
Regards...              Todd
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.       --Benjamin Franklin