spamass-milt-list

Debian spamass-milter packages in preparation

From: Don Armstrong
Subject: Debian spamass-milter packages in preparation
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 15:33:00 -0500

As I have a few machines that run spamass-milter without a full
development environment, I've gone ahead and made a preliminary
spamass-milter package for debian.

Currently, the package requires you to modify your own sendmail.mc
file with appropriate socket settings [as set in
/etc/init.d/spamass-milter] but I am attempting to work with the
debian sendmail packages maintainer to deal with this configuration
issue in a slightly more elegant method.

The packages currently require sendmail and spamc, and recommend
spamd.

In case you're interested, packages are available at
http://rzlab.ucr.edu/debian/spamass-milter/

I will be filing an ITP shortly, but as I figured you all would be
interested, I've anounced them here first. (I will crosspost the ITP
here as well, in case someone wishes to comment on the ITP itself.)

If someone else already has packages that are further along, please
tell me, and I'll gladly contribute to them, or work something out.

If the spamass-milter developers wish to link to the packages while
they are outside of debian, feel free to do so. I will also be making
packages for woody and testing available once I've tested the packages
a bit more carefully, or earlier if someone asks for them.

Don Armstrong

--
N: It's a ploy.
B: What?