spamass-milt-list

Re: IP based access control to milters

From: Stephan van Hienen
Subject: Re: IP based access control to milters
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 11:43:12 +0100

> I'm using spamass-milter-0.1.2 to filter messages in our mail hub.
> However, since we use the same server for incoming and outgoing
> messages the milter is processing the outgoing messages and I don't
> want that.
>
> I thought there should be a way to configure the invokation of a
> particular milter in the sendmail.cf file based on the IP address or
> domain name of the relay from which the message is coming but I
> couldn't find how to do it.
>
> Another solution would be to implement the check in the mlfi_connect
> routine of the milter itself.  I implemented this in spamass-milter
> and it's working but I'd like to know if there's a better way to do
> this.

Can you share this 'patch' ? (or is is there already something included
in spamass-milter for this in 0.1.3a ?)
I also have a mailserver that needs to send out a few thousand emails
(mailinglist)
Now all these emails are being scanned, which takes some time
Would be nice to say: I trust these subnets, so don't scan them with
spamassassin

(I looked at the whitelist option from spamassassin, but then these
mails are still being scanned (they only get -100 points for being on
the whitelist)