solang-devel

[Solang-devel] Request to add Solang to transifex.net

From: Debarshi Ray
Subject: [Solang-devel] Request to add Solang to transifex.net
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 14:43:25 +0530

Project page: https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/solang/
Home page: http://www.nongnu.org/solang/ (not ready)
Git tree: http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/solang.git

Solang - A photo manager for GNOME
==================================

Motivation for the project
--------------------------
The idea is to develop a free photo manager that will act as a front-end for
directory based local storage as well as remote photo-storage systems, as can
be said, on the "Cloud". Basic editing support is also planned as well as a
small pipelaine for RAW processing. Please check the TODO file for more
details.

Another motivation for this project is to break the performance charecteristics
of current popular photo management softwares and provide a fast and reliable
alternative that does not place humongous demands on user's hardware resources
even to meet basic functionality.

Why is it called "Solang"?
--------------------------
While looking for a random name, we noticed the name on one of our office
workstations. It was called "solang" and so we stand here today with this name.

Also, take a look at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solang_valley

Features:
---------
 - Import and view photos from different directories
 - Import photos from camera (PTP mode)
 - Apply tag to photos during import
 - Multiple tags can be applied during import or later on
 - Drag drop searching using multiple tags, photo properties and/or dates
 - Fast and efficient operation

Thanks & regards,
Debarshi
(on behalf of the Solang hackers)
--
One reason that life is complex is that it has a real part and an
imaginary part.