social-discuss

Re: [Social-discuss] Salmon notifications sometimes return error 400

From: Michael Vogel
Subject: Re: [Social-discuss] Salmon notifications sometimes return error 400
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 15:58:46 +0100

Hi!

Am 16.12.2015 um 12:08 schrieb Mikael Nordfeldth:
> On 2015-12-16 08:18, Michael Vogel wrote:
>> I'm working at the OStatus implementation of Friendica.
>
> Awesome!

The implementation was already existing in Friendica. I just reworked it
completely by reverse engineering the communication.

>> We are sending salmon notifications when we are commenting in a thread.
>> Mostly they are accepted, but sometimes - especially with quitter.se -
>> our notifications are answered with the HTTP error 400.
>
> quitter.se is running a very old version of GNU social. It has several
> known bugs. Don't use it as a test platform.

The implementation is already in production status and it is working
fine with most servers. I just experienced problems with especially that
server. The old version is a good explanation.

>> Is there a difference if we mention a user with an SSL or an non-SSL
>> link? Or is is normalized before the check?
>
> URIs with https:// and http:// are different. Sometimes people change
> their URIs locally. This creates headache.

Good to know. The upcoming Friendica version will mention every user in
four different ways:

* http://server.tld/user/(number)
* https://server.tld/user/(number)
* http://server.tld/(username)
* https://server.tld/(username)

I'm using it in that way:

<link rel="mentioned"
ostatus:object-type="http://activitystrea.ms/schema/1.0/person";
href="https://server.tld/user/(number)"/>

Hopefully this will solve all problems. Or do you think that this could
generate additional problems?

Michael