social-discuss

Re: [Social-discuss] Client API for social

From: Morgan McMillian
Subject: Re: [Social-discuss] Client API for social
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 19:02:30 -0800

On 01/18/2015 03:27 PM, Erkan Yilmaz wrote:
> Hello Morgan,
>
> that's a great idea
>
> I guess you saw already existing clients (1) in various prog. languages ?
> Another option could be to get on board there? (or at least avoid double
> work)

I've been playing a little with andstatus and yaics. But I'm looking at
taking a stab at extending a cross platform mobile client (Macaw) and
adding GNU social as another service option. I'm certainly open to
contributing to other projects as time allows as well. :)

> Yeah, I saw the status.net <http://status.net> wiki, bug tracker, ...
> disappeared,
> so I saved the API pages here (2) and updated them.
> more underway on those API pages

Glad to see documentation wasn't last in the shuffle. I'll dive in and
take a look.

> Do you also have yet an account somewhere on a GNU social server so we
> can reach you there or you post infos there also?

I setup my account at https://gnusocial.no/thrrgilag a little while back
to see how things have evolved.

> On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 11:53 PM, Michael Vogel <address@hidden
> <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

>     Partially you could have a look at the API description of friendica.
>
>     Friendica is mostly compatible with GS.
>
>     https://github.com/friendica/friendica/wiki/Friendica-API
>
>     At the end of the page is a list of commands that aren't supported by GS
>     and Friendica.

Oh nice, I was aware of Friendica but didn't think to reference that
documentation. Thanks!

--
END OF LINE