social-discuss

Re: [Social-discuss] Client API for social

From: Erkan Yilmaz
Subject: Re: [Social-discuss] Client API for social
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 00:27:41 +0100

Hello Morgan,

that's a great idea

I guess you saw already existing clients (1) in various prog. languages ?
Another option could be to get on board there? (or at least avoid double work)

Yeah, I saw the status.net wiki, bug tracker, ... disappeared,
so I saved the API pages here (2) and updated them.
more underway on those API pages

Do you also have yet an account somewhere on a GNU social server so we can reach you there or you post infos there also?

Erkan
https://fediverse.com/erkan

(1) http://www.skilledtests.com/wiki/GNU_social_clients
(2) http://skilledtests.com/wiki/GNU_social_API

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 11:53 PM, Michael Vogel <address@hidden> wrote:
Am 18.01.15 um 23:23 schrieb Morgan McMillian:

> Particularly what I'm interested in are the API differences between
> Twitter and social. Has this been documented or is it a matter of
> pulling apart the source to figure it out? Thanks in advance.

Partially you could have a look at the API description of friendica.

Friendica is mostly compatible with GS.

https://github.com/friendica/friendica/wiki/Friendica-API

At the end of the page is a list of commands that aren't supported by GS
and Friendica.

You could also have a look here:
https://web.archive.org/web/20141008141911/http://status.net/wiki/Twitter-compatible_API

Michael

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error)
please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Diese eMail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen.
Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese eMail irrtuemlich erhalten
haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail.
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht
gestattet.