social-discuss

[Social-discuss] Recent changes break Twitter integration

From: Torsten Grote
Subject: [Social-discuss] Recent changes break Twitter integration
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 19:22:47 +0200

Dear all,

I am aware that there is no official GNU Social release and that development
is ongoing. Still, I'd like to point out that recent changes to git master
broke the Twitter integration in some parts.

Is there any issue tracker for gnu-social that I could use instead of writing
here?

At the moment it is no longer possible to repeat notices that came from
Twitter. Twidere just gets an 400 error via the API and the website just tells
me "Problem saving notice. Too long." even though the notice in question is
not too long.

Sometimes, you want to find the tweet to the notice in your gnu-social
instance. This used to be possible by clicking the "about X hours ago" link.
But this now only leads to the same page with the notice.

In general I am very happy to see how the development is progressing. Thanks
Mikael!

Kind Regards,
Torsten