social-discuss

[Social-discuss] Social Psychology

From: Brylie Oxley
Subject: [Social-discuss] Social Psychology
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 13:20:18 -0700

"Social psychologists study interactions within groups, and between both
groups and individuals."[1]

General types of interaction are:
A) One to one
B) Many to one
C) One to many
D) Many to many

These interactions are illustrated here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Soc-psy_diagram.jpg

The generalization of interpersonal interactions provides a broad
perspective of the domain of human discourse. We can use this vantage
point to organize our discussions regarding technological
implementations and protocols in the context of the human social
interactions which we aim to facilitate.

The types of interpersonal interaction may also be a common sequence of
social evolution.  For example, a network (or Free Software project) may
start with individual interactions and progress through stages of
assimilation, reciprocality, and groupthink symbiosis.

[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_psychology_(psychology)#Interpersonal_attraction