slacktools-dev

Re: [Slacktools-dev] Links to related tools

From: sokoot
Subject: Re: [Slacktools-dev] Links to related tools
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 17:54:46 +0100

Hi all.

Well, i agree with Paulo's idea of focusing in a main ideia which it would
be the package manager. That package manager should do the regular things
like install, remove, etc. but also check for dependencies. I don't know yet
if it is possible to do that check locally, maybe from the makefiles or
something, but if it is, we should adopt it instead of a server checking
thing. Oh, of course this package manager should work with tar.gz, bz2.gz,
etc.

I really think slackware needs a good package manager.

Hugo