slacktools-dev

[Slacktools-dev] Links to related tools

From: João Ferreira
Subject: [Slacktools-dev] Links to related tools
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 23:48:58 +0100

I've made some research and found this projects related with Slackware:

 1. Links
  1.1. Package Management
  1.2. Other tools
 2. Projects

---------
1. Links
---------

1.1. Package Management
-----------------------

http://slackpkg.sourceforge.net/  --  Automated tool for management of
Slackware Linux Packages

http://slaktool.sourceforge.net/ -- Advanced Slackware Package Management

http://autopkg.sourceforge.net/ -- creates packages from source

http://slackports.sourceforge.net/ -- this project aim at creating a light
BSD-like ports system for the Slackware GNU/linux

http://linux-pack.sourceforge.net/ -- this one is not only for Slackware, but
it started as a slackware package system

http://sourceforge.net/projects/packware/ -- package maintenance for Slackware

http://sourceforge.net/projects/tgzpm/ -- TGZPM is a Slackware TGZ Package
Manager

http://sourceforge.net/projects/alien/ -- just a converter between deb, tgz,
rpm, etc...

1.2. Other tools
----------------

http://www.sastk.org/ -- Slackware Administrators Security tool kit

-----------
2. Projects
-----------

Until now we have just discussed the idea of a package manager, but there's
other project I have i mind.
As you may know, when you do a Slackware package you can write a
post-installation script (see
http://www.slackware.com/book/index.php?source=x4132.html).

So, my idea is to create a Slackware package that will secure a slackware box.
How? Well, basically, it would
see those basic things such as running services, etc...

But this idea is extendable to things such as kernel patches (there are those
patches who create different levels of security, etc),
services patches, bad-password checking, etc...

--------------
3. Final notes

"Sh*t, this guy is talking talking and talking and I don't see any code."
This is right. For now I want to get the big picture, and then, after having
everything set we start.

By the way, I don't see any idea coming from you guys!

Take care,
João

--
João Ferreira               address@hidden