slackit-ml

[Slackit.org] slackware on notebook

From: admin
Subject: [Slackit.org] slackware on notebook
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 06:39:21 +0100

A while ago, I installed Slackware v10.0 on one of my laptops, which is an HP
Compaq nx9110.  The laptop came with pre-installed Windows XP Pro.  I have to
keep the installation since it is for work.  However, I used some tool to make
a partition available for Slackware.  The problem is that I have to use Windows
boot loader so that I don\'t have to reinstall it.  I did some search a manage
to add Slackware to Windows boot loader.  It worked fine.  It came to the time
when 10.1 is available for upgrade.  Then I went to Slackware and get the
packages, followed the instruction for upgrading to 10.1.  Everything worked
fine until I reboot the machine.

I guess the problem may be caused by a boot file that I copied to Windows for
forgot to generate a new file and copy it to Windows.  Now I am stuck unless I
reinstall Slackware 10.1, which will wipe out all the apps installed in the
system.

The problem I'm facing:
1) I don't have Slackware 10.1 boot disks or CD
2) 10.0 boot CD is lack of supports for network, usb and card reader devices.

Can somebody help me out?  Please let me know: a) if my suspicion is right; and
b) how I can solve this problem.

Your help is very much appreciated!