sks-devel

anonymify a PGP key legally correctly // Re: ... GDPR takedown request

From: Steffen Kaiser
Subject: anonymify a PGP key legally correctly // Re: ... GDPR takedown request
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 13:00:04 +0200

On 15.06.22 06:03, Kiss Gabor (Bitman) wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jun 2022, Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:
>
>> Am I understanding correctly and you're saying that even with the server
>> down he sent the GDPR notice to you?
>
> The last keydump is available yet. However I can't imagine how
> did he find the 16 keys in the 12 GiB compressed binary mess-up.
> And moreover how will I do?

The problem is that the entity processing the data (e.g. stores them) is
responsible for deletion the possbility to connect the data to a person.
Actually, I don't know in which way one has to prove the act *legally*
(aka to be accepted in court); but one is responsible to make the data
unable to be connected to a person. IMHO it would be enough to strip any
person-identifying information (the uid's  alone ??) from a PGP key.
To delete the data is just one way to make it un-connectable.

--
Steffen