sks-devel

Seeking peers for two new HP servers.

From: admin
Subject: Seeking peers for two new HP servers.
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 14:25:46 -0600

I’ve deployed three new Hockeypuck clusters, each in different datacenters, two publicly facing and the 3rd is an internal hot spare that’s mostly mostly going to do scheduled key dumps but will be capable of replacing either of the other two clusters for maintenance/outages.. I intend to get the two publicly facing ones into the SKS keyserver pools, after some rough times on all sides I’m eager to contribute to restoring the robustness of the SKS pools.

I’ve pre-populated the below servers from a dump from March 15th. Initially all new peers will be distributed evenly across this pair until they are all caught up, to keep my two servers from hammering any single peer trying to get the same keys.. once they are up to date I’ll populate both with all peers.

HKP:

SKS:

More Info:
 - IPv4, IPv6, HTTPS, HKP, and Tor (via alt-svc header)
 - Services form two pools:
- pgp.keyserver.us - DNS load balanced, all services exposed.
        - keyserver.us - Cloudflare load balanced, only https service exposed (still tor peered)
 - Keydumps will soon be at dump.keyserver.us (also behind Cloudflare)
 - HA Orchestrated via Kubernetes
 - East Server is located in NYC USA
 - West Server is located in SF USA
 - This is not my first PGP Keyserver Rodeo.

Thanks in Advance,
admin@keyserver.us