sks-devel

Re: pgpkeys.eu going offline

From: Ángel
Subject: Re: pgpkeys.eu going offline
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 00:47:35 +0100

On 2021-01-08 at 16:08 +0800, Jacob Alonso Maldonado wrote:
> Well they want the brexit bye bye rights the normal . Anyway that
> domain is register and pointing to a IP

First of all, I find your comment somewhat rude, given that you don't
know the personal opinion of Dan regarding brexit. He could have
defended leaving EU, or he could have preferred staying there. And even
in the former case, this was a public service, which he provided for
free for many years at his expense.

And second, while technically still registered, the domain is
suspended, like the other 81k domains owned by UK citizens/companies.
It does *not* resolve (NXDOMAIN error code) so, as Dan noted, it went
offline.

These domains are still registered to the original owners, but if their
registration details don't change before 31st March (showing the owner
as eligible to own a .eu domain), they will be dropped ("withdrawn")
and made available for registration on 1st January 2022.

> This domain name has been placed in the “suspended” status as it is
> assigned to a non-eligible registrant following UK’s withdrawal from
> the European Union.
>
> Any update in the registration data for this domain name will be
> checked by EURid staff.
>
> If the domain name registration details continue not to meet the
> relevant eligibility criteria by 31 March 2021, the domain name will
> be marked as “withdrawn” from 1 April 2021. Withdrawn domain names
> formerly assigned to GB-GI registrants will be released for general
> registration as of 1 January 2022.
>
> For further information on the eligibility criteria of the .eu and
> its variants in other scripts please see our Registration Policy. See
> also the Brexit notice page.

https://eurid.eu/en/register-a-eu-domain/brexit-notice/

Regards