sks-devel

Re: DB error in crontab

From: Todd Fleisher
Subject: Re: DB error in crontab
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 13:29:55 -0700

It seem you may have a Berkley DB problem on your system. From https://web.stanford.edu/class/cs276a/projects/docs/berkeleydb/api_c/log_archive.html:

Errors

The DB_ENV->log_archive method may fail and return a non-zero error for the following conditions:

EINVAL
An invalid flag value or parameter was specified.

The log was corrupted.

The DB_ENV->log_archive method may fail and return a non-zero error for errors specified for other Berkeley DB and C library or system functions. If a catastrophic error has occurred, the DB_ENV->log_archive method may fail and return DB_RUNRECOVERY, in which case all subsequent Berkeley DB calls will fail in the same way.

I’d recommend checking that your DB is not corrupt and consider re-building it to see if you have better luck. You might also want to see if re-building/installing the SKS software on the system helps. I’m using the bionic package from: https://launchpad.net/~canonical-sysadmins/+archive/ubuntu/sks-public/+packages so no build was required and I have not had any issues with the same cron job.

-T