sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] seeking peers for sks.teknoloji360.com

From: Jeremy T. Bouse
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] seeking peers for sks.teknoloji360.com
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2019 10:19:39 -0500

On 3/6/2019 9:49 AM, fuat wrote:

Hi,

I am looking for peers for a new SKS keyserver installation.

I am running SKS version 1.1.6, on sks.teknoloji360.com.
The server is physically located in Turkey (TR).
The machine has not IPv6 connectivity. Only IPv4.

I have loaded
https://keyserver.mattrude.com/dump/current/sks-dump-*.pgp files.
I see 65733 keys loaded.

For operational issues, please contact me directly.

sks.teknoloji360.com            11370   # Fuat Bölük     <
address@hidden>        0x03E48A51

Thank you,
Fuat Bölük

A couple things to note, your server is over 5 million keys short which will put a huge tax on anyone peering with you. The current key count is closer to 5446000 than 66000. I don't know if that's because of an incomplete import of the key dump or the key dump you used was too far out of date. The other item I noted when checking out your server is you're attempting to peer with the pool itself:

Gossip Peers

sks.teknoloji360.com 11370
hkps.pool.sks-keyservers.net 11370
subset.pool.sks-keyservers.net 11370

This will not work. Also why are you trying to peer with yourself? Then there is the mailsync config...

Outgoing Mailsync Peers

address@hidden
address@hidden

Do you really have mailsync setup for both those email addresses? Do you really need to?