sks-devel

[Sks-devel] Changes to requirements for the HKPS pool

From: Kristian Fiskerstrand
Subject: [Sks-devel] Changes to requirements for the HKPS pool
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2018 12:51:34 +0200

Although the requirements to get included in the HKPS pool have so far
been a bit subjective and changing over time as I've gotten more
experience (and balancing out the requirements for the pool - it is not
the point for me that every server that requests it gets included).

However, going forwards I'm going to request additional information
about the server hardware (already requesting info on line capacity for
SRV pool purposes) for inclusion in HKPS. In particular I'm giving
preference to clustered setups (in my experience 3 nodes is minimum
requirement for a most stable setup to allow gossipping), and servers
that do caching on the reverse proxy. Additionally low-CPU/low-memory
setups will not be permitted into the HKPS pool.

--
Kristian Fiskerstrand