sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Debian Jessie package for sks-1.1.6 was: [Announcement]

From: Hillebrand van de Groep
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Debian Jessie package for sks-1.1.6 was: [Announcement] SKS 1.1.6 Released
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2016 21:02:12 +0200

Thank you. Currently testing on pgpkeyserver.nl.

On August 8, 2016 8:45:15 PM GMT+02:00, "George K." <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, 07 Aug 2016 17:17:03 +0200
Christoph Egger <address@hidden> wrote:

Gabor Kiss <address@hidden> writes:
Out of curiosity, is there any Debian-type repository one can
use to install updates automatically?

https://packages.debian.org/jessie/sks ???

Jessie is the _stable_ version. Its sks package won't be upgraded
unless a major security hole will be found in 1.1.5.

We hope sid gets 1.1.6 soon.

And I'd expect it on backports shortly after .. just like the 1.1.5
for wheezy

Christoph

Hello all,

I've built a Debian Jessie package for sks version 1.1.6. I'm
currently running it on keys.void.gr
(https://keys.void.gr/pks/lookup?op=stats).

If you want to test it:
# wget https://keys.void.gr/package/sks_1.1.6-1_amd64.deb
# wget https://keys.void.gr/package/sks_1.1.6-1_amd64.deb.sig
# gpg --recv-keys 0x721006E470459C9C
# gpg --verify sks_1.1.6-1_amd64.deb.sig
# dpkg -i sks_1.1.6-1_amd64.deb

It's based on debian patches from 1.1.5 with minor changes to them.

Please report any issues if you find.