sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Dump

From: Jeff Johnson
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Dump
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 13:22:50 -0400

On Oct 15, 2010, at 12:54 PM, Jesus Cea wrote:

> On 14/10/10 17:49, Jeff Johnson wrote:
>> Anyone interested in using mongo gridfs for SKS dump file distribiution?
>
> How do you cope with malfunctioning/hostile/malicios MongoDB instances?.

Signing the sks-dump files isn't rocket science. Nor is setting up mongodb
authentication.

FWIW, I loaded the latest sks-dump files last night.

You can retrieve by doing
    mongofiles -h harwich.rpm5.org -d sks get sks-dump-0001.pgp

Dunno how long the sks-dump files will remain. I'll make an effort at doing
a service iff there is interest. My private interest is/was mongo
performance/stability on a moderately large datastore.

Note that I'm likely going to try to package all the dump's in a *.rpm
package. The possible advantage is that one would achieve:
        1) per-file digests, not just MD5.
        2) payload compression through the *.rpm wrapping
        3) automatic signing (while building) and verifying (while installing)
OTOH a ~2Gb *.rpm package just isn't something that you want to throw into a Yum
repository for automagic upgrading.

73 de Jeff