sks-devel

AW: [Sks-devel] SKS 1.0.9 on a Solaris 8 machine

From: Dahlke, Axel
Subject: AW: [Sks-devel] SKS 1.0.9 on a Solaris 8 machine
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 10:07:57 +0200

Hi Yaron,

Clong doesn't work either, but I have forgot to mention something. Maybe there is something wrong with my machine-configuration. I have no root-access, so I've installed
Berkely-DB and Ocaml (and gcc and make) in my own directories and added those to $PATH, $LIBPATH and $LD_LIBRARY_PATH. The first call to "make all" results in
the following error:

<make_error>
ocamlmktop -custom -o lib/ocaml/ocamlnumx nums.cma lib/ocaml/numerix.cmo lib/ocaml/numcount.cmo lib/ocaml/numcmp.cmo lib/ocaml/toplevelcfg.cmo -cclib -lmlnumx -cclib -lnums -ccopt -Llib/common
Undefined                       first referenced
 symbol                             in file
__lshrdi3                           lib/common/libmlnumx.a(gcd-d.o)
__ashldi3                           lib/common/libmlnumx.a(gcd-d.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to lib/ocaml/ocamlnumx
Error while building custom runtime system
</make_error>

Someone more familiar with Unix suggested to try "make all LIBS="-lsocket -lz -lpthread", which gets around this error, but, as mentioned, make still hangs compiling number.ml

Greetings Axel