sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Quick question?

From: Yaron M. Minsky
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Quick question?
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 07:10:01 -0500

On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 23:00, Victor Palma wrote:
> Is it posible to run sks to allow authenticated users?

I'm not sure what you mean by authenticated users.  Do you want to
require a password?  Right now SKS doesn't support any encryption, so
providing secure authentication would be a bit of work.

Why do you want it?

> and second of all i keep geting this on my log on my testing of sks I
> imagine is because i don't have any gossip partners. if so is there a
> way to make it a stand alone?

You omitted the log message, but what I suspect the error message you're
getting is related to the fact that you're not sending out
synchronization emails to the PKS system.  I suppose I could add a
"standalone" mode where those errors are turned off, and users are
warned after submitting keys that these keys won't be propagated to
other keyservers.

Right now, however, no such feature is available.  Why do you want to
run it as a standalone?  Are you just running a private keyserver
holding only your own users keys?