skribilo-users

Re: How to add source position information to readers

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: How to add source position information to readers
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 11:53:37 +0200

Hi!

Arun Isaac <arunisaac@systemreboot.net> skribis:

> Specifically, readers return S-expressions and as far as I know, there
> is no way to include source position information within S-expressions. I
> know that guile's syntax objects and read-syntax support source
> properties. Should we be migrating all skribilo code to use something
> like that?

If a reader returns sexps, then the only way to add location info is via
source properties.  I think it’s OK to use that throughout the code.
The outline and RSS readers don’t do that but they should.

In Guile 3.0.8, ‘read-syntax’ returns location info directly in syntax
objects, but I’m not sure Skribilo readers should return syntax objects,
that sounds inconvenient.

HTH!

Ludo’.