sketch-devel

Re: test_svg10_export.py fails

From: Bernhard Reiter
Subject: Re: test_svg10_export.py fails
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 13:22:35 +0200

On Sat, Aug 28, 2004 at 01:10:50AM +0200, Roman Joost wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 28, 2004 at 12:41:49AM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > On Sat, Aug 28, 2004 at 12:33:36AM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > > CVS of today
> > > with Python 2.3.4 (#2, Jul  5 2004, 09:50:39)
> > > on GNU/Linux Debian powerpc testing.
> > > Not further investigated.
> >
> > Okay, it was a missing network connection,
> > due to http_proxy set to a proxy that did not exits.
> > (Of course I had a network connection.)
> >
> > I guess this test should be skipped when there is no network connection.
> >
> I wonder why SVG DTDs are not resolved over xml catalogs and available
> for installation like DocBook DTDs. Its disturbing that the parser
> fetches the DTD all the time out of the net, during developing.

Yeah, I also though that this was strange depending on getting
the dtd over the net each time you want to verify a xml based format.
A proxy would help this a lot, but still it is a lot of traffic.

> That seems, everyone has to install them locally
> and add the catalog entries for himself...

It seems I do have /usr/share/xml/svg/svg10.dtd installed,
so the question is why this is not used.
This is Debian's python2.3-xml 0.8.3-5
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/_xmlplus/sax/expatreader.py

I am not an expert: Should this use the locally installed file
instead of going over the net?
If so I could file a bug report with Debian.

Nevertheless I guess that the Exception will need to be caught
so that the test can be skipped.

        Bernhard R.