sketch-devel

Re: Skencil module name

From: Bernhard Herzog
Subject: Re: Skencil module name
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 23:03:57 +0200

Bernhard Reiter <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 07:12:26AM -0500, Terry Hancock wrote:
>> And as this is really the first time I've messed with using
>> sketch as a python module (BTW -- is it going to remain the
>> "Sketch" module and the "Skencil" application, or are both
>> names changing?),
>
> My take on it is that both should change,
> however the 0.6.x series might not be worth the trouble.

I don't want to change 0.6 except for Bugs.  Changing the name of the
main package is out of the question IMO.  It would also probably break
lots of user code, although that could be alleviated by a custom import
hook that converts "Sketch" to "Skencil" whenever necessary.

0.7 is a different matter, but unless we move the code to a version
control system like subversion that supports renaming of directories it
probably too much hassle.

   Bernhard

--
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/