sketch-devel

distutils setup script (was: Skencil for Windows packaged)

From: Bernhard Herzog
Subject: distutils setup script (was: Skencil for Windows packaged)
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 17:16:29 +0100

Joonas Paalasmaa <address@hidden> writes:

> I think that we should make Skencil's CVS version buildable on Windows
> before announcing the Windows binary.

I've checked the windows build support into CVS now.

> I have created a Distutils
> setup.py file that takes care of building the extensions and creating
> the windows installer. Should we try to get rid of the current
> non-Distutils setup.py?

I had also started on a distutils based setup.py script once. Now I've
dusted it off brought a bit up to date to make it work again on my
system and checked into CVS as dsetup.py. We should try to merge both
distutils setups and replace the old non-distutils setup.py.

Any takers?

FWIW, if I had time to do it myself, I'd probably do it similar to
Thuban's setup.py:
http://www.intevation.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs-thuban.cgi/thuban/setup.py

   Bernhard

--