sketch-devel

Re: Skencil for Windows packaged

From: Joonas Paalasmaa
Subject: Re: Skencil for Windows packaged
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 11:24:39 GMT

I think that we should make Skencil's CVS version buildable on Windows before announcing the Windows binary. Thus people can start doing Skencil development on Windows immediately. I have created a Distutils setup.py file that takes care of building the extensions and creating the windows installer. Should we try to get rid of the current non-Distutils setup.py? I addition, the rint problem has to be solved somehow.

Using the define for Windows is one solution:
#define rint(i) ( (i-floor(i)<0.5) ? floor(i) : ceil(i) )
It is, however, not the best solutions, because it does not conform to
the rint definition, and because i is evaluated twice. - Joonas