sketch-devel

Re: Sketch on Windows (It's working)

From: Joonas Paalasmaa
Subject: Re: Sketch on Windows (It's working)
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 04:45:19 GMT

Bernhard Herzog writes:
Joonas Paalasmaa <address@hidden> writes:
C:\sketch\sketch-head\sketch\Sketch\Modules\skgtkimage.c(59) : error
C2036: 'void *' : unknown size

The reason for those errors is probably that ximage->mem is of type
gpointer which is a typedef for void*. Sometimes gcc is just too helpful
:) as it allows pointer arithmetic with a void* among other things. We
should cast all ximage->mem to unsigned char*.

I did the ximage->mem changes and now I can build it with MSVC++.
The program crashes at region_dealloc's free(self). The error occurs at
MSVCRT's _free_dbg_lk's _ASSERTE(_CrtIsValidHeapPointer(pUserData)); , where
pUserData is region_dealloc's self. This might (unlikely) have something to do with a messy debug build (python pulls MSVCRT, but _skgtk pulls MSVCRTD). On the other hand also in the release build some errors occured that had similar call stacks. I will post the patch to savannah that makes it possibe to do a Windows build. - Joonas