sketch-devel

Re: Plug-ins in sk-0.6.15

From: Christof Ecker
Subject: Re: Plug-ins in sk-0.6.15
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 11:58:31 +0200

Kai-Uwe Behrmann <address@hidden> schrieb am 16.05.03 15:07:53:

> Hi,
> first thanks from an many years Sketch.py using one.
> The last installation was a little bit difficult. Palationo fontname was
> not found correctly. I attach my incomplete modificaton - only as a hint.
>
> My question to the sketch plug-in developers is:
> why does the plug-ins not appear in the menue.
> I get following messages:

Looks like there are a couple of problems at once:

> Cannot import the userhooks file
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/opt/kai-uwe/lib/sketch-0.6.15/Sketch/Base/configutil.py", line
> 71, in l
> oad_user_preferences
>     import userhooks
>   File "/home/kuwe/.sketch/userhooks.py", line 33, in ?
>     import Script.fractalize
> ImportError: No module named fractalize
If you write "import Script.fractalize", sketch expects fractalize.py to be in
the directory "/usr/local/lib/sketch/Script/". In the case of a local
installation of fractalize, put it in the directory ".sketch/" and change the
line in userhooks to "import fractalize".

> Keine Plugin-Typ-Information in
> /home/kuwe/.sketch/Plugins/save_selection.py
> Keine Plugin-Typ-Information in /home/kuwe/.sketch/Plugins/fractalize.py
> Keine Plugin-Typ-Information in
> /home/kuwe/.sketch/Plugins/fix_broken_sk_file.py
> Keine Plugin-Typ-Information in /home/kuwe/.sketch/Plugins/colorize.py
> Keine Plugin-Typ-Information in /home/kuwe/.sketch/Plugins/adjcolor.py
> Keine Plugin-Typ-Information in /home/kuwe/.sketch/Plugins/ptuistarter.py
> Keine Plugin-Typ-Information in /home/kuwe/.sketch/Plugins/turtle.py
> Keine Plugin-Typ-Information in
> /home/kuwe/.sketch/Plugins/read_gimp_path.py
> Keine Plugin-Typ-Information in /home/kuwe/.sketch/Plugins/adjustbc.py
> Keine Plugin-Typ-Information in /home/kuwe/.sketch/Plugins/__init__.py
> Keine Plugin-Typ-Information in /home/kuwe/.sketch/Plugins/transform.py
[...]
When a certain directory is appended to the sketch Plugin paths (as it is the
case here) it should only hold files which are plugins, otherwise you get
complains by sketch as above. These files are scipts, not plugins! move them to
"~.sketch/". If you don't know which is which, plugin files always start with:
###Sketch Config
#type = PluginCompound