sketch-devel

Re: patterns: Members and methods?

From: Bernhard Herzog
Subject: Re: patterns: Members and methods?
Date: 16 Mar 2003 23:02:57 +0100

> > This is a good opportunity for me to do
> > it right and doc-strings to the Sketch/Graphics/pattern.py module in
> > CVS.

I've finally checked this in yesterday. It's not as complete as it
should be, but it might be enough for your current needs. What's mainly
missing is in some ways the most important thing, such as a precise
description of the geometry of the linear gradient, for instance.

There's one major difference regarding the patterns between 0.6 and
current CVS (== now): Patterns are now immutable. This has several
consequences:

 - All the Set* methods are gone.

 - Transform is now called Transformed and returns a transformed copy
   instead of modifying the pattern in place.

 - The Duplicate and Copy methods should not be used anymore. They're
   still there because I haven't yet bothered to track down the places
   where they're being called.

The rest is pretty much the same:

 - The actual patterns and the meaning of the parameters.

 - The way to determine which pattern you're dealing with (the is_*
   attributes)

 - The accessor methods

   Bernhard

--