sketch-devel

[Sketch-list] Re: WARMread (for LaTeX) & sketch

From: Antoon Pardon
Subject: [Sketch-list] Re: WARMread (for LaTeX) & sketch
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 11:05:27 +0100

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 01:47:45PM +0200, Romain Bossart wrote:
>       Hello Sketch dev,
>
>       I'd like an add-on to be developped for Sketch.
>
>       Short story
>       -----------
>       When creating a figure with Sketch, would it be possible to
> create
>       a file which gives coordinates of some points (here 3) and
> associated
>       arbitrary labels ? Those points should have their own layer,
>       and be called 'Marked Objects'. Normally, they should not appear
> in the
>       exported figures, but only in this file.
>
>       %%Creator: MyName, Sketch 0.6.14
>       %%Title: Coor.sk
>       %%Date: 12/05/02
>       %%BoundingBox: 0 0 216 180
>       %%HiResBoundingBox: 0.000000 0.000000 215.284668 179.639648
> (don't mind this line)
>       %%Coordinates: LL
>       %%StartMarkedPoints
>       %%MarkedPoint:(4,18)   : point(0,0) : label_for_x %comment for
> 'x'
>       %%MarkedPoint:(211,66) : point(0,0) : label_for_y %comment for
> 'y'
>       %%MarkedPoint:(65,179) : point(0,0) : label_for_z %comment for
> 'z'
>       %%EndMarkedPoints
>
>       This file could be used by a set of (La)TeX macros for labelling
> figures.
>       For those of you who are interested in knowing more, this is a
> longer story.

I don't entirely understand what you want, but was wondering if it
really is necesarry that sketch does this.

Making a layer that doesn't include it's objects when exported is
easy. You just make the layer non printable and if you want to
name this layer 'Marked Objects' that is not a problem either.

So all that is left is creating the bb file. So how about a seperate
utility that reads in a sketch file, searches for an unprintable
layer called 'Marked Objects' and does what you want?

--
Antoon Pardon