sipwitch-devel

[Sipwitch-devel] ***sipwitch: command:offline

From: Luke Periard
Subject: [Sipwitch-devel] ***sipwitch: command:offline
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 17:23:27 +0000

hello,

I downloaded and installed sipwitch for my Raspberry Pi 3.

In the /etc/default/sipwitch file I deleted the "#" before PLUGINS, then added a user id, extension, secret password and display to the sipwitch.conf file.
I typed sudo service sipwitch start, but then when I type other commands, it says:***sipwitch: command: offline.

I also tried commands like "activate [ip addr] [ext]. But I get ***sipwitch: command: offline.

How can I fix this error?  Any help or guidance would be great.

Thanks.

I am following the directions in a book entitled " Raspberry Pi for Secret agents by Stefan Sjogelid which explains how to use SIPWitch as a SIP server to run a softphone.

Luke