sipwitch-devel

Re: [Sipwitch-devel] Starting thread about sipwitch on forums.debian.net

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [Sipwitch-devel] Starting thread about sipwitch on forums.debian.net
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 09:56:49 -0500

Our node probably would be "open" if we had more bandwidth and a more
reliable place to run it than my house, but I don't have reliable
connectivity and not much bandwidth even when I do.  So for now I want
to have it largely to people actually associated with the project.

There are fully open friendica servers, and I might setup one on
openshift as an open node too.  I did not want to use it for our project
node because we cannot run sipwitch on it and I wanted a place to
experiment with friendica sipwitch integration, and also because I am
concerned about privacy and their tos.

But if people want a friendica node and wish to accept their tos, I
would be happy to setup an extra and fully open friendica node on
openshift too.  But anyone else can also do that, or set one up anywhere
else.  That is the beauty of truly federated and free as in freedom
social networking, and one that is rather easy to install as well.

If we have more users, I think we could put up a forum site as well.  I
think right now a dedicated forum site would likely be way overkill.  I
did recently setup a gobby server, though.  I would be happy to hear
what additional infrastructure people think we do need.