sipwitch-devel

[Sipwitch-devel] network configuration

From: David Sugar
Subject: [Sipwitch-devel] network configuration
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 04:05:15 -0500

I think some confusion is caused by not being able to know how exactly
sipwitch believes the network is configured.  sipwitch does this through
a list of cidr access policies and stack rules which may be applied to
them, such as "trusted" and "restricted".  However, sipwitch can
auto-generate cidr access policies based on local subnet detection, and
if you do not even know what cidr access policies it has generated, you
cannot be certain your own policy rules are being correctly applied.

To resolve this, I am going to add a new command to the "sipwitch"
binary to dump the sipwitch cidr/access table, so that one can more
easily see what the local configurations actually look like (since some
are created by auto-configuration by default).  I am also going to add a
command to get what sipwitch currently "thinks" its peering address is.
 This I think will make it easier to understand what sipwitch itself
thinks is going on.