sipwitch-devel

Re: [Sipwitch-devel] sipwitch call dropped after 16 seconds

From: Haakon Meland Eriksen
Subject: Re: [Sipwitch-devel] sipwitch call dropped after 16 seconds
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 17:59:46 +0200

Hi Paul,

David suggests using Wireshark to find out what really happens in your network,
he writes:

"SIP depends on a 3 step handshake to establish a call.  There is an invite,
an answer, and a ack.  Many sip clients establish audio for the call on the
answer.  However, if the do not receive the ack within 16 seconds, they then
disconnect.

SIP witch sends the ack back to the client when it receives it from the
destination.  This probably will require wireshark to figure out if the
destination sent back the ack, and then if/where sipwitch sent it to the
caller.  Most often when this happens it is a network routing or client config
issue, though."

Yours,
Haakon